• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone please tell me how I get OK Google to work?

"Everything you found on Google" doesn't really tell us exactly what you've tried, so it's kinda hard to know whether we'd be wasting time suggesting that you do A, B, or C. If you want helpful suggestions and you want to be respectful of other people's time, then you should probably spend a few minutes saying exactly what you tried.

App drawer -> Google app -> Menu -> Settings -> Then mess with stuff like "Voice".

Last edited:
Reactions: hollyoaks777
Upvote 0
Settings>language and input>voice input>enhanced google services tap on the gear icon>Ok Google detection select the switch on.

I can't believe it I had to change the way my voice is and it took me hours but getting the Knack. Only thing is it doesn't give you enough time to ask what your wanting to search for. Is there a way to make it stay open longer? So you have time to ask it to search for something for example? I'm only getting a second and a half at most and that's no kidding. Most times milliseconds !!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones