1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can someone PLEASE tell me what to do?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Android Question

I recently purchased a phone from a site called 'everbuying.com.' I think they are phones shipped directly from the manufacturer, so they are base price instead of the hyped up price brand names and stuff make them. I'm not exactly certain what kind of phone it's supposed to be. I think it's supposed to be an S5 Mini, but I'm not sure and the site won't let me post the link to it in my thread.

Anyway, I just got it today and everything seems to work fine except... I can't, for the life of me, get the Wi-Fi to work!

I know it isn't my network because my computer and my old phone both connect perfectly without a hitch. I even reset my router just to make sure to no avail. I've reset the phone, power cycled it, erased the network and connected again, tried the static IP thing, tried it with mobile data on and off and every single thing I could think of/find on the internet.

It will connect to the Wi-Fi and say it's connected with excellent signal strength, but it's just like as if I were not connected at all because the internet doesn't work. I can't load web pages or the play store at all.

I've been sitting here for HOURS trying to fix this thing and I've gotten nowhere. Can someone PLEASE help me? Anyone at all? I'm going insane!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

You can try clearing the cache/data from the wifi app.And if that doesn't work.
    Do a factory reset,Doing this fixes most issues like the one you have.

3. Skwog

Skwog Lurker

What Wi-Fi app??

And I don't see how doing a factory reset would make a difference since it's brand new and hasn't been altered.

4. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Look in settings>>>apps>>>all>>>wifi.
    In settings apps maybe app management.
    Once you find the wifi app,Tap on it and clear cache and data.

5. Skwog

Skwog Lurker

There's no such thing on my phone. Wi-Fi is not listed in the apps.

6. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

There has to be,But go ahead and do a factory reset.That should fix it.
    I need to know what device your on to tell you how to do it.
    So,What devise you have?

7. Skwog

Skwog Lurker

8. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

9. Skwog

Skwog Lurker

No, that isn't working. It doesn't matter what buttons I hold, it just eventually turns the phone back on.

10. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Try holding the volume down and the power button at the same time.This should get you into recovery.

11. Skwog

Skwog Lurker

No. It doesn't do anything. The phone just comes on.

12. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

You have to hold them down until you see the 1st logo,Then you can release them.
    If this doesn't work,The there is nothing more I can help with.

13. Skwog

Skwog Lurker

Then I guess you can't help because that isn't working. The most I've gotten it to do was go into Safe Mode.

14. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Look in Setting for Backup and Reset.You can do a factory reset from there to.

15. Skwog

Skwog Lurker

Well, I found that and did it, but it still doesn't work. It's the same as before.