1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can someone PLEASE test the hotspot feature??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hjoneshjones, Dec 15, 2011.

1. hjoneshjones

hjoneshjones Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    I currently have the rezound and to be honest this is the only reason I am thinking about switching. The hotspot feature only stays active for a few minutes and then my entire internet connection stops. Could someone test the hotspot feature on the nexus for an extended period and see if it works better? Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello,

Welcome aboard the forum. Sorry to hear that. However, a problem like that need to be discussed with your phone carrier. They should be able to better assist you. Happy Holidays. ;)

hjoneshjones likes this.
  3. hjoneshjones

hjoneshjones Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Thanks for the reply buddy...but the reason I was asking is I would switch to the Nexus from the Rezound if they did not have that problem. If the Nexus has that problem as well, it is a VZ issue and would be no need for me to switch. But again, thanks for the suggestion.

4. callmeox

callmeox Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Paid geek
    NE Ahia
    I don't subscribe to mobile hotspot or I would give it a test for ya.

If I did pay for a feature like that and it didn't work, I would be all over VZW to fix it.

hjoneshjones likes this.
  5. hjoneshjones

hjoneshjones Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Yeah it's pretty lame but I just prefer to fly under the radar since I was able to get the unlimited data package by getting the unlimited hot spot and i've only been with VZ for 2 weeks. LOL

6. babyhuyx

babyhuyx Newbie
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    once you signed a contract already you plan is as good as stuck to your account, so no need to fly low.

since hotspot is a premium service offered by VZW, just give them a call and they will take care of you.

hjoneshjones likes this.
  7. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    Male
    Works awesome. I use it all the time.

hjoneshjones likes this.
  8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    Sounds like your rezound had a problem . I used my Rezounds hotspot feature all the time without any problem in fact I sometimes even just kept it on all the time when at home connecting my laptop, desktop and PS3 to it without any issues . I won't have it on my Nexus as the first thing I'll do is root and install a wifi teather program .

hjoneshjones likes this.
  9. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

Subscribing. Need more GNex owners to put Mobile HotSpot through its paces! Currently dealing with 4G dropping out every few minutes on my Rezound.

10. gvillager

gvillager Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    NYC
    Our carrier should always be able to better assist us, but unfortunately it's not the reality.

Reading the forums I've found a dozen or so other people experiencing the same problem with other handsets. So I too was wondering if anyone is having any problems using the MHS on the Galaxy.

11. mozygirl

mozygirl Newbie
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Ok, I exchanged the Rezound for the Nexus specifically because of this issue. I picked up my Nexus at 10:30 this morning and have been using the hotspot feature all day. So far so good, I did have a disconnection but it was because I moved my phone to the other part of the house and lost 4G (I am on the fringe of 4G). Just having my fingers crossed because neither Verizon or HTC took responsible for the constant disconnections on the Rezound. It was'nt so much the disconnection I was so frustrated with but in order to reconnect I had to pull the battery. I feel it was definitely a software/radio conflict because I had two Rezounds and both disconnected and I even tried them both within a full 4g 4bar area and it did the same thing! I don't want to drop the hotspot feature because I get unlimited data and hotspot for only $46 month (w/discount) and we live in the country with no other means of internet service. I truly hope it was a HTC issue and the Nexus will provide me with the hotspot feature that we pay for!

SamXp likes this.
  12. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

Thanks for that update mozy! We need more updates like this! I have until Sunday to exchange and this is a decision maker, for me.

13. crankerchick

crankerchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    Subscribing to this as well, as I want to keep an eye on this issue. For those still with the Rezound, did any of you make sure your phone is not set to disconnect mobile data to save battery? It is under Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > "Enable always-on mobile data" which should be [edit] checked. I posted this over on XDA, but don't know which of you all are posting in the thread there. So far it has solved the problem for me, but I would like to do more testing to be certain. I plan to use the tehter this evening for a good long while to make sure I'm good to go.

Mine never disconnected to the point of needing a battery pull. My xoom woud just report no network connectivity and then i'd turn on my phone screen and see no mobile data for a second and then it would come back. That's what led me to see if there was a setting somewhere turning my data off in standby.

14. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

My Enable always on Mobile Data is checked. And WiFi sleep policy set to never.

I've tried it with a Roku player and a Logitech Revue Google TV player, as well as an iPhone and other Rezound connected to my MHS, and experienced 4G coming and going with all devices.

Tags: