1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can someone tell me if Samsung Galaxy s5 sm-g9006v is an original phone or a fake phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alnex, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Alnex

Alnex Lurker

Also I would like to know if I can get the Android update 4.4.4
    Okay , so I bought that phone for as much as 100 $ and after I examined it , both labels : the one an the back of the phone after you remove battery and the battery label say " Made in Korea by Samsung " .
    From searches on google , it says that this phone is a Chinese clone , however I don't see anything lacking on it except 4G service and the battery which is 2800 mAh , but it drains very quickly...
    I read that updating at Android 4.4.4 must resolve some battery issuies ,,
    So , is this phone original & can it be updated? Currently I run Android 4.4.2
    Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

4.4.4 is not available as of yet officially. You can get ROMs that are 4.4.4 for the Note 3, but they are custom made ones you have to be rooted for and flashed by you.

It appears you have a Chinese variant of the Note 3 especially for China, I would imagine getting hold of any custom fortunate for it will be difficult.

3. Alnex

Alnex Lurker

So , this phone was made in Korea for China or in China for China?
    What means ROM & What means rooting your device ? What is that for? And how to root?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews