• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone translate this message from the Mothership?

This started happening in Atlanta, and now its happening in Miami...for some reason the merger is not allowing our Connects to work correctly and the merging network, and they want us to take it in and trade it in for an LG Motion...I'm basically telling them NO, I won't downgrade from a 4" 800x600pp screen to a 3.5" crapxcrap screen. I want a credit, and with that credit I will buy myself an S3 or S4 next month when its released in Miami.

Upvote 0
Sorta the same thing is happening with the Esteem. With the new ZVE update is you upgrade from rooted ZVD you loose all data. 4G/3G/1x. idk about all service though. I think it has to do merger crap.
since the zve update my wifes esteem can't keep 4g signal keeps dropping to 1x
have to reboot the phone to get it back.:mad:
oh and the battery life is atrocious.

Upvote 0
probabally just a manual prl update since they might be having probs pushing ota.
I have put the newest well the 3033 prl on the phone and couple days later it tells me 1005 is the prl on the phone.

I have tried updating the phone with *228 option 5 and 1005 is what the phone tells me the prl is.

The only thing I have not done is completely reset the phone to stock and ran it for a few days. my wife is very particular about her stuff and so that option sucks as the blow up about where is my stuff is not worth it.:(

Upvote 0
I have put the newest well the 3033 prl on the phone and couple days later it tells me 1005 is the prl on the phone.

I have tried updating the phone with *228 option 5 and 1005 is what the phone tells me the prl is.

The only thing I have not done is completely reset the phone to stock and ran it for a few days. my wife is very particular about her stuff and so that option sucks as the blow up about where is my stuff is not worth it.:(
Lmao had that before, went ahead and updated her phone and then she couldn't find something so she came to me she was like what did you do to my phone I cant even find what im looking for and im just like now it runs smoother :eek:.

But yeah I guess they having troubles with pushing it.

Upvote 0
Lmao had that before, went ahead and updated her phone and then she couldn't find something so she came to me she was like what did you do to my phone I cant even find what im looking for and im just like now it runs smoother :eek:.

Ya did that initially when I went from stock to blackplague rom a long time ago. she liked how fast and smooth it was so the backlash was not bad, just took some redoing of some of the settings to set up perfectly.

This update however has decreased the phones smoothness.:(

Upvote 0

Ya did that initially when I went from stock to blackplague rom a long time ago. she liked how fast and smooth it was so the backlash was not bad, just took some redoing of some of the settings to set up perfectly.

This update however has decreased the phones smoothness.:(

This happens a bit too much to anyone who does things to people phones even when they ask us too even when do it for free.

Upvote 0
This morning, UPS delivered a letter from Metro. I imagine these are being sent to all the area stores/dealers:
"Due to the LTE network integration between MetroPCS and T-Mobile some phone models may experience an incompatibility issue that causes them to lose 4G LTE data connectivity. These phones will need a free software update in order to maintain optimum performance."

"Customers who do not have the latest software version may experience loss of 4G LTE data after July 31st, 2013."

Inside was a microSD card for installing onto phones that can't be updated via OTA.

I immediately updated the store's demo phone, which had been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues for several days which, of course, was taking a toll on the battery, as well as making the phone feel hot.

Since then, data connectivity has been consistent, the phone doesn't feel hot, and the battery isn't draining so quickly.

If you have a Coolpad Quattro, Huawei Activa, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Samsung Craft, Samsung Galaxy Indulge, Samsung Galaxy Attain, or Samsung Galaxy S Lightray, your phone may be affected and may need to be updated.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
This morning, UPS delivered a letter from Metro. I imagine these are being sent to all the area stores/dealers:
"Due to the LTE network integration between MetroPCS and T-Mobile some phone models may experience an incompatibility issue that causes them to lose 4G LTE data connectivity. These phones will need a free software update in order to maintain optimum performance."

"Customers who do not have the latest software version may experience loss of 4G LTE data after July 31st, 2013."

Inside was a microSD card for installing onto phones that can't be updated via OTA.

I immediately updated the store's demo phone, which had been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues for several days which, of course, was taking a toll on the battery, as well as making the phone feel hot.

Since then, data connectivity has been consistent, the phone doesn't feel hot, and the battery isn't draining so quickly.

If you have a Coolpad Quattro, Huawei Activa, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Samsung Craft, Samsung Galaxy Indulge, Samsung Galaxy Attain, or Samsung Galaxy S Lightray, your phone may be affected and may need to be updated.
For the esteem what was the update?

zve baseband?

Upvote 0
For the esteem what was the update?

zve baseband?

Correct.

Here's the list of affected models and the latest SW version:
Coolpad Quattro: Coolpad-5860E-AA083
Huawei Activa: M920V100R001C177B324SP01
LG Connect: MS840ZVA
LG Connect (VoLTE): MS840VVE
LG Esteem: MS910ZVE
Samsung Craft: S/W V. R900.DJ07 | LTE S/W V. R900.EF23A
Samsung Galaxy Attain: CDMA: R920.03 M.FG02 | LTE: SCH-R920.GE01
Samsung Galaxy Indulge: CDMA: R910.0.4M.GE06 | LTE: SCH-R910.GE01
Samsung Galaxy S Lightray: CDMA: R940.0.4MGE01 | LTE: SCH-R940.GE01

Upvote 0
Well im thinking July 31st = some sort of spectrum combine announcement
Makes sense, one thing I am curious about (here in Jacksonville) will they keep the metro tower locations I am very sure the metro LTE tower is much closer to my house then the tmobile tower is. If they turn off the metro LTE tower and only use the farther tmo tower even if they are pushing a stronger signal then they are now my connection will probably deteriorate.

Upvote 0
Makes sense, one thing I am curious about (here in Jacksonville) will they keep the metro tower locations I am very sure the metro LTE tower is much closer to my house then the tmobile tower is. If they turn off the metro LTE tower and only use the farther tmo tower even if they are pushing a stronger signal then they are now my connection will probably deteriorate.

Dont know but I know LTE in Jacksonville isnt near complete

Reactions: new optimus
Upvote 0

Can you make a seperate thread for this post? Seems useful if people aren't in the know :)

Upvote 0
Correct.

Here's the list of affected models and the latest SW version:
Coolpad Quattro: Coolpad-5860E-AA083
Huawei Activa: M920V100R001C177B324SP01
LG Connect: MS840ZVA
LG Connect (VoLTE): MS840VVE
LG Esteem: MS910ZVE
Samsung Craft: S/W V. R900.DJ07 | LTE S/W V. R900.EF23A
Samsung Galaxy Attain: CDMA: R920.03 M.FG02 | LTE: SCH-R920.GE01
Samsung Galaxy Indulge: CDMA: R910.0.4M.GE06 | LTE: SCH-R910.GE01
Samsung Galaxy S Lightray: CDMA: R940.0.4MGE01 | LTE: SCH-R940.GE01

I actually manually updated my Connect to the VV5 firmware and someone finally got root for it a couple of days back! Woohoo! So thats what I'm running right now without any issues at the moment.

Upvote 0

Thats seems like a solid enough confirmation :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones