1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can someone try to install this *new* Cisco client

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by forcedsquint, Sep 21, 2011.

1. forcedsquint

forcedsquint Lurker

Looks like this was just released, but no input in the market. Can someone with a Thunderbolt try and install it? I'm eligible for an upgrade and the only thing holding me back has been AnyConnect for (non-rooted) Android devices. If it installs and opens, then it should work fine.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cisco.anyconnect.vpn.android.htc

Thanks.

2. BJones73

BJones73 Lurker

This is what I got: This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

3. forcedsquint

forcedsquint Lurker

Crap. Thank you for trying. Looks like I'm going to have to go with IOS since they officially support Cisco AnyConnect. Rooting is not an option in this instance. Android will never be a viable corporate alternative to IOS until they can do this.

4. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

Its not Google's fault that Cisco has not released the app for HTC devices yet. It is either HTC or Cisco. Not sure why the overlay is so important, but there must be something in sense/blur/etc. that breaks it. Its available for Samsung and Lenovo phones, and as you pointed out, rooted phones, so there is nothing inherent in Android that is the issue.

5. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried it on a Zoom? Perhaps off topic here, but the lack of a Cisco client kept me from purchasing a Zoom too.

6. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

I think it is Xoom. Are you allowed to use a rooted device? There is some chance that the version for root works. There are a lot of Xoom forums you could ask around on.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews