1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can someone with a note 3 and Google keyboard cinfirm

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jeffruby, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Android Enthusiast

That as of 10/1/14 - when you hover the s pen over a letter (never touch) then lift up, it registers as a letter, making the Google keyboard unusable with s pen.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Nope, using it now to swipe this. I've just downloaded it to test and try it for myself. I have to say I'm finding it rather clunky but the suggested word following your trace is good.

3. Jeffruby

Wonder why it's doing that for me.?

4. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Are you using the latest version? I was to test.

5. Jeffruby

I am. Hmmm

6. Jeffruby

I really appreciate you looking into it. Just baffled. Tries it on wife's note and same thing. It works fine with fingers. Just doesn't work with the s pen. If I type with s pen I get double letters. If I hover over a letter then pull away without touching screen it acts as if I touched the screen. So bizarre. I kinda like Google keyboard as its less laggy than swift

7. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

I can only think another app, and it could be anything, is interfering with it.

I actually like the speed of SwiftKey. I tend to use a keyboard with my right thumb in portrait mode, with the S-pen, I am left handed and it doesn't come easy to use my left hand and hold the phone right handed. Google keyboard ends up deleting half the proceeding word in the event of a typo due to it's speed (or more likely my stubby thumb and slowness!) I love having the suggested word following your swipe, as I said. Most impressive and useful. I'm going to see if I can learn to use Google keyboard. I still can't reproduce your issue with it and the S-pen though.

8. I'm having the same issue on my Note 4, as this is my first android phone I was thinking maybe it was just something I did wrong but I guess thats not the case, any suggestions how to fix said issue yet?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews