1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can Sprint tell if you rooted based on this?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkworld260, Feb 6, 2011.

1. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

i am fully rooted and i have nand unlocked but i was reading unrevoked wiki when i read this
    unrevoked3 will permanently unlock NAND write protection by default on the following phones:

• Sprint EVO 4G
    • Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
    • HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)
    So can sprint tell if you did a NAND unlock and they could then tell you, that you have in fact voided your warranty? now that's to say that you flash the S-on tool and flashed an RUU. could they still tell that you rooted? Or is it most likely that they will fix your problem and it will never be noticed?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

It's permanent in that if you flash a different hboot, you'll still have S-OFF. The *normal* way to get S-OFF (more appropriately, the way it used to work) was to flash the eng bootloader. When you did that, changing hboot would unroot the phone. Now, if you flash a different hboot, you'll still have S-OFF. I'm not saying you should ever consider flashing a different hboot, as there are other issues that go along with that. It's just the way it works. Beyond all that, though, once you flash the S-ON tool, it will undo whatever unrevoked-forever does to get S-OFF. It's lower than hboot, so you must flash it. Once that is done, and you flash a RUU, it will undo everything that was done to root. From a strictly nand, recovery, and ROM point of view, it looks like it never had root. It's up to you to remove the rest of the traces (if you're that paranoid). Things like flashable zips, nand backups, etc. left behind are kind of a dead giveaway. That being said, who's going to actually look on your sdcard? It's up to you how far you want to go beyond the normal unrooting steps. But, that being said, it's *not* permanent. It just takes deliberate action on your part to unroot it.

darkworld260 likes this.
  3. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

ok ty for the info and just wanted to know if it could be undone.

4. kilogramz718

kilogramz718 Member

wouldnt just dropping more phone in water or running it over with your car kill this diagnostic sprint will do lmaooo

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Option 1 - Destroy your phone and pay $100 to get a new one.
    Option 2 - Spend no more than 30 minutes at the most to just unroot your phone.

Your choice :).

6. kilogramz718

kilogramz718 Member

lol i think option 1 is your last resort

7. jersey221

jersey221 Android Enthusiast

[​IMG]

8. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

+1. I want my 5 seconds back.

9. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

I don't know about you, but I'm usually dumber after eating lunch...

10. taz5544

taz5544 Lurker

hey i need help unrooting my phone back to normal plus i have cyacno mod on it can you help me take all that stuff off

11. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Welcome to the forums :). Go ahead and read the Rooting for Dummies guide - section 5 under after rooting. You will find instructions for unrooting the phone, which will take it back to 100% stock. If you have any questions about the process, please ask.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews