• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can surf internet/have data, but can't make calls

unlazyfree

May 31, 2010
so i was installing the thirdwave rom and while i was restoring my backups (MyBackup) i may have restored some sort of system files, however even after doing a nandroid restore, i still can't make calls, but i have a data connection.

any help? im starting to freak out here!

so since new kernels, roms, radio's (from 2.15 to 2.05) and a nandroid restore back to what it was saved at (working), im still getting nothing. can i conclude for the night that it's on verizon's side and it should be something they can fix? like reactivate my phone from their end or something?

Upvote 0
Did you try simply rebooting the phone?

I am not rooted and didn't do custom roms or anything, but I did flash the OTA to my phone. For some reason while I was resetting up everything (not sure exactly when it happened, just know that it did work and then didn't) my connection died. I could use WiFi but nothing else.

I rebooted the phone and BAM... it's all back to normal.

Upvote 0
Did you try simply rebooting the phone?

I am not rooted and didn't do custom roms or anything, but I did flash the OTA to my phone. For some reason while I was resetting up everything (not sure exactly when it happened, just know that it did work and then didn't) my connection died. I could use WiFi but nothing else.

I rebooted the phone and BAM... it's all back to normal.
yeah ive done that.

well turns out i can receive calls still, however can't make them. odd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones