1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can;t apply .893 update even with cheesecake

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by addictedtocars, Jan 3, 2012.

1. addictedtocars

addictedtocars Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    SO I have a new Bionic and used had issues rooting the phone because I had .893 installed already. So I used the A3V3RRoot process and picked option 1 which got me back to .886. I installed everything I needed to install, cleaned up the bloat I wanted to ditch and then tried the Cheescake process to install the .893 update. I downloads and reboots, but about a quarter way through the updating applying it puts up a caution symbol and reboots and when it comes up it says the update failed. Please don;t tell me I have to go back to stock again?? I have tried the OTA .893 and the cheescake method, both failed same way.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. lykofos

lykofos Member
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Unfortunately you do. You need to reflash to .886 with all of the bloat. The .893 update and more than likely any updates you'll come across have a pre-installation checks mechanism in place. If you're missing any of the pre-installed bloat, the update will fail every time. That's why you should just freeze the bloat instead of completely uninstalling it.

3. addictedtocars

addictedtocars Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    So is this a Moto specific thing? I don't recall having this issue with my Charge and I had removed bloat form that as well.

4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Tampa, FL

I am not sure if it is Motorola thing Verizon thing or both, but if you want the. 893 OTA then you can flash the fxz file with rsdlite and root with p3droids one click. This will wipe everything but you will have the ota.

Here is a how to video from droidmodderx on flashing this with rsd. When I did this rsd would not recognize my phone unless I was in fastboot. With the phone off hold the volume button down and power button to get into fastboot.

How to video

1 Click for .893 at the bottom of post #2

Then use releashed to forever root option 4. Releashed