1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Can Tasker create a sound when I send an email?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mark2801, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Mark2801

Mark2801 Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2016
    Male
    I have finally moved over from IOS after many years and love my new Samsung S7 Edge but one feature that I liked on iPhones was the whoosh sound when sending an email. I understand this is not available on the Samsung Email app and nether on the Gmail app. I have also been told that this could work if I set up some rule using the Tasker app but I have downloaded that and it looks very complicated! Does anyone know how to do this on Tasker???

Anyone know if any other email apps offer the ability to provide a sound when you have sent an email?? Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement

2. sumotori

sumotori Member
    None

Feb 29, 2016
    Male
    Lay developer of Tasker apps in leisure time
    United Kingdom
    Hi there, I'm sure there will be some app that does this from its settings.
    I just had a look on what I use (CloudMagic) and it doesn't have notification for outgoing emails. But there are lots and lots of email apps.

In terms of creating this with Tasker, I believe it will be too complicated for what seems a rather simple thing. My initial thought is that you need an email app that has Tasker support to easily recognise the email being sent, such as K-9 mail, but I'm not sure it it is possible (haven't used much as I didn't like it).
    I have no knowledge otherwise how this can be recognised, but I'll have a look.

Maybe someone has a better answer in the meantime.

3. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

When you say "email" ... exactly what do you mean? Gmail? Some app using POP? Something else?

If done with Tasker ... un-root-ed and no plug-in ... the only way I could see to do it would be to compose the message inside a Tasker action and then execute it.
    You would find the user interface to be absurd. Like this ...

email
    A1: Compose Email [ Recipient(s):someone@omeplace.com Subject:Test Message:This is a test. ]
    A2: Beep [ Frequency:8000 Duration:1000 Amplitude:50 Stream:3 ]

... Thom

#3 Thom, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016