1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

can the HTC desire record calls?pls help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rob70, Jul 31, 2010.

1. rob70

rob70 Lurker

Jul 31, 2010
    Hi Guys,
    i am intending to buy a htc desire but am not yet clear wheter i can benefit from a feature commonly called VOICE OR SOUND RECORDER. I mean , if am on incoming or outgoing calls can i record the 2way conversation?
    as far as u know if there any valid apps on the Android market that, once downloaded, can allow me to do this ???
    thanks all!!!

Advertisement

2. Surreyuser

Surreyuser Newbie

Jun 13, 2010
    No, the Desire cannot record the incoming voice of a phone call.

3. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I use the standard "voice recorder" as "Call recorder" messed with my music player. This does record both sides, but the other side is much softer. Granted it is better on speakerphone for all obvious reasons. Works fine for me. Have the app shortcut on my home screen.

4. Surreyuser

Surreyuser Newbie

Jun 13, 2010
    It doesn't record both sides - it only records the microphone, not the speaker. The reason you can here the caller (all beit softly) is because the mic is picking up the sound from the speaker, rather than being directly recorded.

5. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I thought so too, but tried it with using the headphones during a call and it is equally loud with recording

6. m1abby

m1abby Lurker

Mar 8, 2012
    hi i tried recording voice calls when i put my call on speaker and it does work,quality is a little poor but if you need to verryfi it later it comes handy

7. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    The best way is using call recorder. But you need a custom kernel to do so, which involves rooting first

Tags: