• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can the HTC Sprint Hero be used on any other network

Bill

Oct 28, 2009
Hello,

Well Sprint pissed of a co-worker of mine after a few days after the 30 day mark and now wants nothing to do with Sprint. He loves the phone but like I said will have nothing to do with Sprint network. So I am wondering if he has any options with using it on any other network by possibly flashing the phone or something.

I believe he has settled everything with Spring paid the early termination fees and payed up on his bills. So does he have any options now?

Thank you

Bill

Eris on VZW is $79 with 2yr contract right now. I don't believe you can move phones around from one CDMA network to another.

Yeah, from what I understand it is technically possible but Verizon will not allow the HTC Sprint hero on their network, Just as Sprint would not allow the Eris on theirs. Which raise an interesting question when the Nexus one comes out for Verizon will sprint make concessions for that phone?

PS He could easily get $79 for a Hero on eBay as long as the ESN is clean.

I mentioned this as well and he did not like the fact he would be in another contract. I think he paid a little over a hundred for the phone then had to pay $200 termination fee. So he has over $300 in the phone now.

BTW - how does one confirm he has a clean ESN? Does he have to call sprint?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones