1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can the Hydro Icon be hooked up to HD TV?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Magoo, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Magoo

Magoo Lurker

Can you hook the Hydro Icon up to a HD TV via a MHL/HDMI adapter cable? If so, which one? There are numerous ones out there.

Thanks

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

3. Magoo

Magoo Lurker

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Maybe next time. :)

Magoo likes this.
  5. RichieBD

RichieBD Lurker

Actually you can with the screen cast option since the update to kitkat os. I have a roku stick and it can stream to it. Goto settings, display, cast screen. Its worthless for games, theres a half second delay, good for movies...but roku is already going to have just about whatever, can view ur photos. But for games worthless, could get a keyboard.and.do some writing, again it up display 1080p this phone anyway. Plus my tv is circa 2007 and it would need the power blah blah, big pain in da arse.

Awesome phone either way, runs most games flawlessly.

03AccentVA likes this.
  6. 03AccentVA

03AccentVA Lurker

Thanks for the tip! By chance does it cast everything on the screen? And if so does that include audio? I ask because the bar I go to lets the regulars use their chromecast, I use it for Spotify via Spoticast. I would rather lose Spoticast, while it works well it's still a little buggy.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Chromecast and Roku casting are two entirely different and not compatible protocols.

Many phones without official Chromecast screen cast support can have the feature added if rooted - but - not all.

03AccentVA likes this.
  8. 03AccentVA

03AccentVA Lurker

Thanks, I'm going to play with it tonight, so we'll see!

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

10. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Late reply. In case you're still interested...

My boost mobile kyocera hydro icon (model C6730) running stock 4.4.2 (no root) casts it's screen to chromecast just fine. I think there is a warning asking the lines of "incompatible device...may not work" when I start, but I ignore it and works fine.

Kyocera Hydro Icon Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews