1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can the Incredible 2 call totally hands free with BT headset?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GadgetTravel, Jul 17, 2011.

1. GadgetTravel

GadgetTravel Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I recently got a Droid Incredible 2 and I am having a problem with voice dialing. I can activate voice dialing from a BT speaker but when I tell it what to call it comes up with a dialog window on the phone asking me if this is correct. If I push the "okay" button in the dialog window another dialog window asks if I want to use the phone or Skype. The same happens without a BT speaker. Is there a way to not have these dialog boxes? It really prevents me from using the phone in the car since I don't want to deal with these dialog boxes. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Retired!
    SE PA
    I routinely do hands-free calls and don't see any request for confirmation of the call. Voice Dialer reads back the requested action ("Call John Doe at work") and then dials the number. Are you using Voice Dialer or are you using another app?

GadgetTravel likes this.
  3. GadgetTravel

GadgetTravel Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    Thanks. I am using Voice Dialer. Well, the HTC Voice Dialer widget. Is it the same?

4. RBEmerson

None

Jun 12, 2011
    Retired!
    SE PA
    AFAIK, that's the same thing. I tap the "do something" button on my BlueAnt Q2 and the phone says "speak now". I say "call John Doe at work", the phone reads back what it heard, and acts on that unless I hit the "do something" button to cancel the call. I don't see a dialog box looking for user action.

5. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2011
    When I use the voice dialer on the phone I get the pop-up, but when I voice dial over the BT headset it just goes through unless it misidentifies the number or needs more info. For instance if I say to call someone that has more than one number but don't specify which one the phone will ask, but it is all hands-free. Regarding Skype Vs the phone you may have an option on the pop-up to make your choice the default so it will stop asking.

GadgetTravel likes this.
  6. GadgetTravel

GadgetTravel Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    Thanks. I was using a real old speaker. After reading this I tried with a newer Aliph Icon and it worked fine. It read back the command and still brought up the Skype dialog but asked for a default as well as choosing one. Must be that old speaker. Thanks again everyone.

7. RBEmerson

None

Jun 12, 2011
    Retired!
    SE PA
    Ah, the light dawns. It sounds as though your BT speaker was asking for something DINC2 didn't have or vice versa. You should be good to go with the Icon.