1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can the LG Esteem be unlocked to work in Europe?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hunter0419, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hunter0419

Hunter0419 Newbie

Hello I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times. Unfortunately I could not fined it, so I am asking again. Can the LG Esteem be unlocked to work in Europe? I am moving to Warsaw, Poland in a few days and do want to get a new phone. I have had the LG Esteem since December 2011. I love this phone, so much so when my first one was stolen I purchased a new one and had to be reimbursed by the insurance company since they would only replace it with the New LG Connect (Esteems no long in production :mad:). Even though the Connect has a dual core process, gorilla glass, and something else I could have cared less about. It did not have the HDMI connection or a 4.3 screen (that .3 really does make a difference...LOL). I said all that to say, I really love this phone and would love it if I could get it to work while I was in Poland.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Europe cell companies use GSM "service" (IE have a SIM card) the Esteem is a CDMA phone. Also alot of GSM phones that are made for the US dont work in Europe due to different radio frequencies.

Hunter0419 likes this.
  3. JayBondzeWell

JayBondzeWell Android Enthusiast

not necessarily. remember. i went to jamaica and worked on my simkit app and was able to receive text messages. just not phone calls. so where there is a will. there is a way

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews