• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can these things be changed somehow?

slade

Dec 6, 2009
Here are a few things I would like to change /do if there is some way I haven't been able to figure out...

1. Disable 3-way and conference calling (or even call holding) so that I don't accidentally make such calls.It's a fingertip/lag problem, not my ear/cheekbone making these calls.

2. Disable 1-touch calling in the phone menu (i would rather it bring up the contact details when I click a name... as in, I'll press the call button when I am ready to call) The people app and the phone app look too similar to be so ergonomically different. If you don't "flick" right you accidentally make a phone call

3. Move a phone number from a voicemail (that was received while the phone was out of range or in airplane mode) to the address book.

Any ideas or suggestions how I can address any of these? Even some official site I can complain to?

thanks!

I am not sure about 1 and 3, but the disable one click dialing. Are you refering to the HTC widget?

I have a shortcut to the Android "People" app and it does exactly what you want. I like most of the HTC widgets, but I don't care for their contact app. When adding people it forces you to select a default action such as call, email or sms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones