• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can this Indulge be activated on Cricket?

FunkyFlyGuy

Lurker
Sep 17, 2011
Hello everybody. Need to ask a question.

I just bought a Cricket branded Indulge from a girl who was selling one because she ended up getting a Verizon phone instead and didn't need the phone anymore. I paid $150 for the phone, and took it to Cricket to get it switched to my account. Upon removing the battery, the rep said that there was a service code/id tag that was missing off the phone and that it couldn't be activated--phone was essentially a "brick". (Phone is on Cricket though, as she gave the phone to me with some time left on for the month. I can text and call my current phone from the Indulge, and dialing 611 gives me the "Welcome to Cricket")

I informed the girl of this and she immediately agreed to give me my money back, as she did not know anything was missing off the phone and that the phone was a gift. She has no box or anything that came with the phone, other than the charger.

So my question is this: Before I get my money back, is there a way for me to get this phone switched over, without the tag/code at all? Wouldn't they be able to see the phone is good from it already being in their system with the working number, and just transferring the info in the system over to my account somehow?

I really appreciate all the help (if any). Thanks so much in advance.

Peace,

-T

Your should be able to get all the information you need to activate the phone from the phone itself by going to Settings > About Phone > Status (presuming it is the same screens as MetroPCS phone). They are probably looking for the IMEI number.

You can probably activate the phone just by calling 611, but even if you cannot I would take the phone to a different store (preferably a corporate owned store - presuming Cricket has them).

Anyway - all the information you need is programmed into the phone, you just need to find the right people who can get to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones