• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can this Mirroring lag be fixed? - Solved

Johncoool

Oct 6, 2019
I am facing an issue with lag on one of my old devices and would like to know if it can be fixed.

The issue is on the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact running Android Nougat. This issue does not exist on the older phone that is Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Running Lollipop.

Both devices are rooted.

The exact issue on this device is as follows:

When I try to watch a streaming video from youtube it would LAG and makes the video unwatchable.

But it works normally when I stream a video from the phone.

It seems to be an issue with the buffer.

I got the same issue when I tested on the two Miracast devices that I have.

When using and connecting from the Xperia mirroring feature in settings I get an HDCP message that the device can only mirror from Xperia programs that include settings Home and Music and video apps. When I try to open another app it would disconnect.

So I changed some setting that I found online for two system files to bypass this problem. I still get that message but now I can mirror anything that I want, that is the reason that I rooted the device.

I also tried it from custom ROM (Oreo) and faced the same issue with the LAG but no HDCP message there.

There is a cast feature in settings as well that will mirror the device without any lag. But that works through the LAN network and not a direct connection and only one of my Miracast devices has that feature.

There are two ways to connect to Chromecast or a Miracast device. One is a direct connection and one is through the network. I want the Z5c to work the same like it does on the older Z1c. With no lag on the direct connection.

Reactions: jhtalisman
I found a prerooted Lollipop stock ROM for the Z5c and I installed and tested it now.

It needed the same editing to get it to work.

However the result are positive. It is able to work without any lag on the older ROM.

Can anyone help figure out why it is not working with the newer ROM?

Upvote 0
I found a prerooted Lollipop stock ROM for the Z5c and I installed and tested it now.

It needed the same editing to get it to work.

However the result are positive. It is able to work without any lag on the older ROM.

Can anyone help figure out why it is not working with the newer ROM?
Probably some error from the NEW ROM, I know that feeling too well.. Too much "Uncle Ugly" New Technology running the same street..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones