1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can u connect a phone to a wireless usb hub

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meandmyevo4g, Feb 4, 2011.

1. meandmyevo4g

meandmyevo4g Newbie

ya i wanna conect a wireless usb hub to my phone and i was wondering if the evo can support this

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ok now I'm confused, you want to connect to a router? Or you want a router connected to your Evo? For 1 you can for 2 you can also but what for? If you want to tether than Evo supports it as native so no need for it.

3. meandmyevo4g

meandmyevo4g Newbie

umm do u know what a usb hub is its that thing where u hook it up to 1 usb on like a computer and it turns it into like 4 usbs i know there r wireless usb hubs and bluetooth usb hubs out there so i was wondering if they can connect to my phone people need to read slower or not respond to threads they dont understand i was saYING THIS IN MY HEAD SUPER SLOWLY TO SEE IF PEOPLE CAN understand sry i flipped on caps lock but it works in this case lolz

4. Do you even know what your talking about? Ya I know what USB hub is but in this case solid LOGICAL idea I came up with was wireless hub, as USB hub = illogical. I just gave you more credit than you actually entitled. BTW I was post to write a USB driver for my friends laptop today as he didn't show up, I maybe the only few people who Is qualified to talk here you understand? USB hub for cell? Lol you can use it but only if you know what USB is and which USB they use as there are more than one type.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

....turningslowlywalkingawaynowbyebyeyo

6. Holy run-on sentence and lack of grammar and spelling Batman...

First off, calm down. We are all here to help, and since you didn't explain yourself very well, we didn't know exactly what you were talking about. If you are talking about connecting the evo to a usb hub that is attached to a computer, yes, there would be no reason why this wouldn't work. However, if it is not a powered hub, it won't charge the phone.

If you are talking about connecting a hub to the phone, so you can connect other devices TO the phone, no way. It will never happen.

7. meandmyevo4g

meandmyevo4g Newbie

see i was talking about a bluetooth usb hub, they exist i googled it, i was wondering if my evo that supports bluetooth can connect to it then could i plug in devices into that hub like a usb keyboard sry i got mad this is what happens wen u get search overload from Google lolz but im serious.

8. Ok, again, you CANNOT connect anything TO the evo. No keyboards, no cameras, etc. It just will not work.

9. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Member

10. Dremzy

Dremzy Lurker

Hey TOTALLY new to this and forums in generally, guys this might be the TOTALLY wrong place to do so

buttt i would like to connect my android to my mac wirelessly as my macbook USBS are fried does anyone know of any sort of wirelessly usb hub out there that will let me connect ANY usb device such as my android phone directly to my macbook?? ... i know i can use other solutions such as bluetooth to transfer contacts etc but i ask mainly cause i want to connect other usb devices also such as midi keyboard etc...

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews