• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can VCast etc.. be blocked?

Have you tried just telling her not to buy stuff? ;)

Have you never had a teenager in the house? :p

As too the question, you can try calling customer service but they may not be able to block everything. I believe this is why VZW just had a class action lawsuit, which they settled, for people getting data charges when they didn't have data plans and had no intention of using them, but accidentally entered one of the apps.

I know I've asked in the past to have it all blocked (before my Android days) and they said it wasn't possible. That was several years ago, and before the class action lawsuit, though.

Upvote 0
Yes you can. Verizon will only charge you 4.99 a month for the privileged too.

Just look up usage controls. You may have to sign on for another 2 years to get it added and it will only cost 60 dollars a year. Just a complete steal!!!
Feature Detail

Joking aside.

Personally, You need to pound it into her head now that nothing in this world is for free. I would get stupidest dumb phone I could find that can not connection to the internet. I would then place both phones in front for her. Tell her that it is her choice. If she does not behave, you will force her to use the dumb phone.

There are several phones that vcast is not on or just change her over to pay-per-use phone in which she has to pay per use.

Sorry but you should never tell a child no, here is a hint, it never works, but show them that every choice they make has consequences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones