• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Volume Keys Control ALL Volume?

G

Gorinstarborn

I'd like to know if there's a way to make the volume keys on the side of the phone control all 4 volumes at once. Either through the system on the phone itself or through a third party app.

Currently it seems you can only toggle between "Ringtone, Notifications & System" OR "Media" and then whichever one you don't have selected has to be set with the touchscreen control. I would very much like to be able to control "Ringtone, Notifications, System & Media" all at once with the side volume keys.

I have tried googling, but Google is doing it's, "Here's what you aren't looking for." thing. (I type, "control all volume with volume keys android" and it gives me a bunch of tutorials on how to switch between media and everything else. Not helpful.)

If it's something you can't change then whatever I guess, but it would be awesome if someone knows a way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones