1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root can we get a bounty to buy mcmichaelson a phone????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akikhia, May 21, 2012.

1. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    whose willibg to throw down to get this guy a phone to work on? im willing to put 40

Advertisement

2. LightenLhar

LightenLhar Member
    None

Apr 21, 2012
    Male
    MetroPCS Sales Rep
    Key Largo
    I'll throw in another 30 as soon as I get my new card from the bank and sync it with paypal (It'll be a week or so)

3. Dracconus

Dracconus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2012
    Owner/C.E.O. - Tru-Tech Media Design Firm
    Dallas, Tx
    I can give him 30 or so within a week as well. Newborn baby at the house and having to replace my connect three times didn't really help finances :p

4. guaterican101

guaterican101 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Metro Pcs
    Rhode island
    Do you guys have insurance.cause with insurance it is only a hundred deductible. Between you guys you can order it.

5. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    i dont actually if someone does it would b good to give him one with a bad esn

6. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    you guys are ok with talking about insurance fraud on android forums? braver than me :p

7. Dracconus

None

May 3, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    I have done everything from server emulation for WoW to removing network identifiers from cdma phones. i was at the metro store yesterday talking to their head tech guy about how i.singlehandedly made sprint change their policy on DUN/PAM supoirt due to a guide I wrote explaining how to do it free off their towers...they didnt like that, but discussing anything aside from a political assassination is legal.

8. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    hey and ive cloned a few phones insurance covers anything part of which is shipping it out to a dev and himnot returning it. so anyone?

9. Dracconus

None

May 3, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    I can't just very well give him a 350 dollar phone that I just bought to test things with no guarantee he'd give it back (not to say he wouldn't, I just have very little faith in mankind...blame the ARMY) but I will gladly drop an amount towards the common goal of giving him the phone. In my professional opinion, that's how it should be. You or I Akikhia are not going to be the only two using the rom/kernels he's able to produce, therefor we shouldn't be the only two providing him with a means of doing it.
    If the community wants something that's solid, and guaranteed then they'll put the effort into getting it, otherwise I don't see any reason why a single individual should do something for an unwilling community of leechers.

10. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Male
    Web Design and Hosting/PC Repair
    NW Georgia
    I have one ;) and will be putting stuff out for the Connect once I figure out wtf the kernels I compile wont boot.

KrazeeCracker, dslaven and jaynpt like this.
  11. Dracconus

None

May 3, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    If you need someone to bounce ideas off of PG I'm always open to doing so. I'm learning my way around android as we speak, but a simple google of my handle will denounce any concerns of my credibility in coding.
    Also, as far as phone knowledge is concerned I'm 'pretty well known for performing a few "acts of kindness." Main one was when I announced DUN for the rumor 2 when LG and Sprint both declared it incapable, and found a way to do it off their network entirely, resulting in sprint removing tethering from their phones, service plans entirely about a year later :p

12. mtmichaelson

mtmichaelson Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Antioch, TN
    Thank you guys for the sentiment. I do not want you guys to feel obligated to buy me a device, your monies can be much more useful elsewhere I'm sure. Cesarweezer was INCREDIBLY helpful during the build process as him and I shared almost 300 texts and him testing at all hours and has told me he would help any time. I do this for fun. I am a 31 year old mechanic that thought it would be fun to teach this stuff to myself the beginning of July last year. I work in automotive 50 plus hours per week and make enough to pay the bills and help support a wonderful and understanding wife and 3 beautiful kids. I don't do this for money or for free devices (although donations are appreciated as they generally go towards buying something fun for the kids). So thank you to those that have donated, but don't ever feel like you have to. If someone has a device laying around that is extra, I sure would take it, but please don't spend that kind of money on something that I wouldn't even get proper use out of. Thanks again guys!

13. Ære

Ære Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    I mailed you one did you get it already? Lol

14. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Male
    Web Design and Hosting/PC Repair
    NW Georgia
  15. INSURGENCY

INSURGENCY Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
    Mtmichaelson here's the thing. If we buy him a phone, he's going to feel very obligated to build the greatest rom ever for the phone. Tbh we aren't really doing him a favor here. It's like buying your slave a shovel so he can farm your land. He's not really getting anything out of it.

16. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    well hes working on it anyway just trying to make his life easier. he shudnt feel obligated to do anything. and come on man hes no slave the connect is no shovel haha