1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can we play MPEG?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amanojkumar, Nov 26, 2010.

1. amanojkumar

amanojkumar New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Video playback is good. I am able to play AVI files but not MPEG files. Did anybody tried MPEG? Plz help me.

Advertisement

2. shenkov

shenkov Active Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I can't play mp4 on my Galaxy 3 either. I posted the question today and no answer yet. But I think the problem could be the resolution issue (pixels). I am experimenting with different settings to see what happens.

3. Kpsg25690

Kpsg25690 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I am able to play mp4 on my galaxy appolo when encoded using format factory(win 7)
    (240x400 resolution xvid and mpeg codecs) but i can't play mp4 file encoded using Arista Transcoder(Ubuntu 10.10).

I haven't tried changing any settings in the Arista Transcoder but i am in the process of trying another transcoder in ubuntu as i use it most of the time..

4. shenkov

shenkov Active Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I had the same problem at the beginning. But later I figured out that the phone can't take higher pixel (resolution) mp4. Even Kies (samsung software) converted files are too big for that. Follow a fellow poster's advice, I downloaded Koyote Video converter (free) and selected the right resolution. Everything works great.
    Good luck.

5. akash.gpta

akash.gpta Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Hey,
    try out the video players on android market..they can play quite many formats

I use RockPlayer..search it in the market