• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can we please get a decent Instant Messenger app like beejive

craigrn16

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
Why can't we just get a good IM app like beejive for android? I have an iPod Touch and every IM app I've seen in the apple app store blows anything we got. Meebo, ebuddu, hi aim, yahoo and all that other crap sucks compared to the iPhone IMs. Is there a way to contact google or someone incharge of the market place to add more IM apps?

I personally use eBuddy.. although the java version on my Sony Ericsson allows for photo transfers I don't really miss it in the Android version. I can chat on Facebook, MSN & Yahoo at once with no problems.. and these are just the services I use. Android is far better than the iClone but no one needs to beat a dead horse. Keep checking the market.. they are adding new apps all the time.

Upvote 0
I personally use eBuddy.. although the java version on my Sony Ericsson allows for photo transfers I don't really miss it in the Android version. I can chat on Facebook, MSN & Yahoo at once with no problems.. and these are just the services I use. Android is far better than the iClone but no one needs to beat a dead horse. Keep checking the market.. they are adding new apps all the time.

I hear you, eBuddy is ok, but take for example the simple yahoo messenger app for iPod touch has so much more features than any of our apps. All I want is an app that 1. Stays logged on 2. Allow you to see your friend pic icon 3. Allow you to see your own pic icon and change it 4. Be able to send files/pic and be able to recieve files. Oh and send smilies forgot to say that one. I've e-mailed ebuddy and meebo's developer to ask If they could add these simple features and I got no response so I guess they don't care. I mean I'm willing to pay if I have to

Upvote 0
I saw this on the Beejive forums dated March 18th 2009, there was no further word since then....

The status of Android is the same - considering it but nothing is under development. The iPhone / BlackBerry / Storm apps are keeping us busy at the moment. Plus we'd like to see the Android market share jump up a bit - silly as this sounds we'd like to make a profit after spending months developing an application!

Upvote 0
This is one thing I absolutely miss on the iPhone (and the one case where I prefer push notifications over running app in the background). Beejive is amazing, and was the 1st app I decided to ever actually purchase on my old iPhone.

Android is seriously lacking in the IM department, which bothers me ... I use ebuddy if i need to IM someone on the go, but I never once have enjoyed using it, meebo, or hello aim.

Upvote 0
This is one thing I absolutely miss on the iPhone (and the one case where I prefer push notifications over running app in the background). Beejive is amazing, and was the 1st app I decided to ever actually purchase on my old iPhone.

Android is seriously lacking in the IM department, which bothers me ... I use ebuddy if i need to IM someone on the go, but I never once have enjoyed using it, meebo, or hello aim.

Yea I totally agree. If I'm in a wifi area I'm I'll use beejive on my iTouch but on the go I use the depressing meebo or ebuddy

Upvote 0
I know it is a thread broght back from the dead, but it seems there is news here!

Beejive forums front page...

xJvJa.jpg

There was a link to sign up for Beta testing, but it is dead as of today though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones