• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can we save web page?

temotyka

Lurker
May 20, 2010
Wondering if this is possible.....Im trying to go to paperless flight check in for my airline. Continental sends me email with url link to my boarding pass. (I have HTC Incredible). Problem is, I cant download or save the boarding pass to by phone. Instead I need to rely on connecting to that link from email when I go thru security. This is very risky if link is down or 3G signal is weak.
Wondering if theres anyway to download/save the webpage in advance?
Thanks

You still have to print a boarding pass with your seat number regardless. All you need is your confirmation number and you can go up to the Continental Kiosk and print it at the airport. So, just get the number out of your email and you are good to go. You cannot go through checkpoints showing a web page on your phone. ;)

Upvote 0
You still have to print a boarding pass with your seat number regardless. All you need is your confirmation number and you can go up to the Continental Kiosk and print it at the airport. So, just get the number out of your email and you are good to go. You cannot go through checkpoints showing a web page on your phone. ;)

You sure can! I just did it with United in Chicago!

Upvote 0
Wondering if this is possible.....Im trying to go to paperless flight check in for my airline. Continental sends me email with url link to my boarding pass. (I have HTC Incredible). Problem is, I cant download or save the boarding pass to by phone. Instead I need to rely on connecting to that link from email when I go thru security. This is very risky if link is down or 3G signal is weak.
Wondering if theres anyway to download/save the webpage in advance?
Thanks

Any ideas on this? I'm trying to do the same exact thing. Here's all I can think of:

- Install an app that can add a 'save' option the the menu and save it as web page complete. Don't know of an app that will do this.

- Somehow print the web page to PDF. Don't know of an app and not sure if the bar code would still work

- Just leave the page open in the browser and go back to it when ready to clear security and for boarding. Don't know how long the page is maintained if not messed with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones