• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can We Unlock the Bootloader and Root for Spec 2 Verizon?

overdope

Oct 23, 2012
I'm getting the LG Spectrum 2 today, upgrading from the original LG Spectrum..very excited. I know there are root guides, but I need the whole shabang..they had the pwnage tool for the original Spec that did it I think..would c'mon I need a new recovery as well? 6.0.1.1 is what I have here b it I saw something About 6.0.2.x.x..but honestly, i'm not quite sure what it does but I know it can cause serious problems if it's not unlocked (i security errored this phone at first and had to .cab flash)..ANY helpful support/links for this and a Root (maybe all in one?) that works would be AWESOME! Thanks!

Ok so I've tried it again, to no avail..I rooted it just fine last time took 2 minutes..now I've tried a couple different ways and none of them work...I have all the drivers and necessary stuff. Even reformatted the phone, and separately fully reformatted the SD card after the .cab flash. It pushes the apks on but after that it never flashed the kernel. I've tried the motochopper.zip and the lgm ...I've given up bc I don't know how to get it to work? I'm about to sell this thing already but I don't want to. But, root is necessary for me to Tether as I've said before...The methods seem to initially start successfully rooting the phone but the second round of whatever it's doing is saying Failed. Just an fyi I bricked the phone and flashed the latest firmware checked for update, I'm running 4.1.2, Anybody had this problem and hopefully a solution???!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones