• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can website capture my cell phone number?

This is my first post. I did search this site alot but couldn't find answer.
I am wondoring if a website can capture my cell phone number while filling out the "Contact Us" page? This contact page was in the https:// protocol, but asked for name, email, phone, and other info to be manually entered, but I entered fake info.
I posted some very slightly negative remarks (about site content) to a sibling company from my emplorer. This site would not engage in illigal actions.
Thank You kindly in advance.

Thank you for quick respones.
Rush, my comment " This site would not engage in illigal actions." I was referring to the site of the contact page in question. But I am sure this site would not engage in illicit acts either :)
Durx, there was not a checkbox or anything

To detail my question a bit farther.
Is there anything a website (asp.net inthis case) can do to cappture the cell number without me even knowing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones