• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can Win 7 cache picture thumbnails it finds on my Android phone?

I plug my phone into my PC via a microUSB cable to access the photographs on its microSD card. Every time I do so, I have to wait for Windows to generate the thumbnails of each photo and this takes quite a while. Is there some way that I can get Windows to cache the thumbnails so it doesn't have to generate them each time?

It's generating the thumbs for its own use in something like Picture Viewer. Adobe will add thumbnails for Bridge.
Windows probably doesn't see or can't use however Android is storing the thumbnails.

Why don't you transfer the photos over? That way, you will have a backup or an extra one, and can work with the pictures immediately. Windows won't redo the ones already on the computer or storage device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones