• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you add chapters to a converted movie?

dvd cat 4 has the option to allow the end user to do just that. there may be other encoding apps out there that also do it but i use dvd cat and i know it has the feature. you cant do this natively on the xoom if thats what you are asking.

I'm not sure if that actually works on the Xoom though.
The scene markings from DVDs and MKV files that have them can be added to the MP4 files, and on iDevices it works pretty cool, but last time I tried it on Android (Droid X) the Gallery video player just ignored them.

I'll give it a try today on the Xoom.

To enable them in DVD Cat, enable Power User, then in Global Settings > Conversion enable the "insert chapter/scene" checkmark and restart dvdcat to rescan the DVD/MKV file. If the source videos you convert do not have scene markings, the interval-setting (default 5 minutes) will be used.

Note that because the scene markings are read differently from DVDs, some DVDs can cause complications. Lost Season 2 is one of them, but there are probably more.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones