1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Can You Backup Facebook Profile Pics to Google Contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Ignitus, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Ignitus

Ignitus Member

Nov 14, 2009
    So, after getting my HTC Hero. I cleaned up all of my contacts on my main gmail account along with cleaning up my google calendar and have started using it as my main address book / scheduler. Everything works fine except one small caveat and I was wondering if anyone had an easy solution.

Android allows you to pull the contact photo from a users facebook profile which I choose to do, but it does not upload the photo to your gmail contact list. So, when I sync my contact list with my Ipod or other devices non of the contacts have icons to represent them except the few contacts that I have entered pictures for manually.

If you choose to not go with the facebook approach and add your own pictures to a contact on android it does upload the image to your gmail contacts. This makes me wonder if anyone knows of a marketplace app that will grab the facebook profile picture and upload it automatically or at least save it on my memory card where I can manually assign them latter.

Thanks,
    Iggy

Advertisement