• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you backup the original phone settings to save the warranty ?

Hi, I've not found anything yet on this, so excuse me if I didn't look in the right place :D

I have the HTC Desire branded Orange France and I want to debrand it. This will kill the warranty, so... how can I backup the Orange configuration in case I need to do a restore to make a claim under warranty ?

Thanks
Neil

I emailed Orange UK about this and this is the reply I got, I assume this would extend to Orange France too.

Dear Daniel

Thank you for your email.

Only the approved download direct from HTC's website is supported, any other version would impact on your warranty.

If you have any further queries please call our Customer Service on 150 from your Orange phone or 07973 100150 from any other phone if you are a Pay Monthly customer. Alternatively please call 450 from your Orange phone or 07973 100450 from any other phone if you are a Pay As You Go customer.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Kind regards

Simon
Orange Online Services

So it seems that as long as it's a signed version of the OS that hasn't been modified in any way and obtained from the right source, you shouldn't have any problems with warranty anyway.

However, there have been posts on here claiming they have experienced the opposite, so there is some discrepancy on the matter. I might call them at some point to try and double check what this guy says and try and get something concrete.

Can't help you with the official ROM though, no idea where you'd get that from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones