• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you change a phone case?

instanentlay

Lurker
Apr 29, 2012
Hi there. I got my phone a week ago and I am crying now because I have dropped on the ground :( It just slipped of my pocket in the jacket and the back side of the case is not that looking as it was :( Also I have 2 small scratches on the camera screen but they are not visible. And the question is can you change a whole case of HTC One X? I suppose you cannot :(

Hi there. I got my phone a week ago and I am crying now because I have dropped on the ground :( It just slipped of my pocket in the jacket and the back side of the case is not that looking as it was :( Also I have 2 small scratches on the camera screen but they are not visible. And the question is can you change a whole case of HTC One X? I suppose you cannot :(

You could but for 2 things. The skill to do it would probably damage it more, and being able to actually buy it in the first place.
There is a video somewhere of someone dismantling the phone, think it's japanese.

The key to it would be having the right tools, and the familiarity with the innards and their arrangement (as coney points out above). Lastly, again, as coney points out, I don't know that you would be able to find replacement casing pieces...

Here's the breakdown though:
HTC One X torn down, take a peek inside - GSMArena Blog

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones