1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can you delete the apps that came on Droid X?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nestler16, Jul 17, 2010.

1. nestler16

nestler16 Member

Dec 18, 2009
    It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if I could clean up the app page and get rid of some of the crap I will never use and only have the apps I want in there.

Advertisement

2. Droid Commando

Droid Commando Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    No way to get rid of them other than rooting the phone and loading a custom ROM.

When I try uninstalling, it just says "Uninstall did not complete successfully"

3. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Yea that is frustrating isn't it? I understand why from a profit stand point they bundle these useless apps in there, but to prevent us from removing them is a little bit of an FU eat it move. The Blockbuster icon is unsightly and for that reason alone I want to remove it from my app drawer (not to mention who the hell pays for a single movie anymore thats not in theaters).

4. nestler16

nestler16 Member

Dec 18, 2009
    yea wow coming from an iphone i thought being able to delete or keep whatever you want would be a no brainer on android....

5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    It's similar to the core apps on the iPhone....

6. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Tennessee
    It's more a motorola/htc/etc. thing than an android thing. It sucks though, I hate having those apps too. It drives me nuts having stuff on my phone that I'll never even look at. lol

7. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    is there any way to at least get rid of the icon from the app drawer?

8. blugrss4ever

blugrss4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    If not get rid of the icon, is it possible to create folders (launcherpro?) and stick the unused icons in a "useless app" folder?

9. nolacoyote

nolacoyote New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I agree with all of the above...I find having a Blockbuster App polluting my phone, even tho I will never use it, to be offensive and insulting. (In case anyone isn't aware, they are a Moral Majority-affiliated company and have always edited things out of movies, going back to when people actually rented vids from the store). This annoys as much as if there were a Fox News App. planted on my phone...actually, that's not true---a Fox news App. would force me to take the phone back...

10. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Too bad that there's not a "No Thanks" button for the obsessive compulsives who can't seem to keep their political views from bleeding into a thread about cell phones.

tsanuri likes this.
  11. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    And in a first post on this site none the less.