• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you disable the phone? and just keep data on?

The ONE nice feature of recent Nokia phones is the ability to go into "Offline" mode while maintaining WiFi connection, etc.

Saves battery life when all you want is to use the media or internet features of the device, and reduces any unnecessary radio frequency exposure as well.

Does "divert calls" actually take the phone offline, or does it simply block the incoming calls to the device?

Upvote 0
Even with being able to turn WiFi back on, Airplane mode turns too much off. I want GPS. I want _cellular data connectivity_.

I do not want the phone to accept incoming calls.

For example, in my local commuter trains, there is no WiFi. I do not want the phone to possibly ring but I want access to the web.

Upvote 0
This is another reason why we need something like iBlacklist. When I had an iPhone, I would set it to only allow my wife to ring to my phone. All other calls would go straight to voicemail. I also would set SMS messages to not ring on my phone except from my wife. I would still get them, just it would silence everyone else. Worked great. I did this because I work graveyard so I am asleep during the day and don't want people waking me up but I also want to maintain a way for my wife to get a hold of me in case of an emergency.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones