• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you downgrade from 2.2 by flashing?

Vertigo1

Apr 20, 2010
Given the number of little bugs and issues being reported with 2.2, I'm actually a bit wary of installing it on my phone.

I have an Orange phone which I debraded by flashing the generic ROM. I was wondering - if I install 2.2 and then don't like it, can I revert back by re-flashing the original generic ROM again or won't the installer let me "downgrade" like this?

Normally you wouldn't be able to, but there is a special version of stock 2.1 that fakes its version as 2.2. This will let you downgrade the phone to hboot 0.80 and 2.1 (build 1.21.405.2) using the bootloader.

If your phone is an SLCD model you'll break the display by doing this downgrade.

Upvote 0
Given the number of little bugs and issues being reported with 2.2, I'm actually a bit wary of installing it on my phone.

I have an Orange phone which I debraded by flashing the generic ROM. I was wondering - if I install 2.2 and then don't like it, can I revert back by re-flashing the original generic ROM again or won't the installer let me "downgrade" like this?

here is the guide [HOW-TO] downgrade HBOOT 0.92 to 0.80 again - xda-developers

Reactions: Paranoid_Android101
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones