1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can you go from .596 back to .591 (easily)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kaleb Randleaxe, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2010
    Lifeguard / Lab Technician
    Michigan
    Well, I started off last week on Apex 2.0 on .591. Upgraded to P3Droid's .596 "official" leak, rooted/deodexed. Then, when Liberty v.06 came out, I jumped to that. I've noticed that, beyond a doubt, my battery life has decreased on each sequential jump. .596 "official" was slightly worse than Apex 2.0, and Liberty v.06 seems a great deal worse than that.

So, I wanna go back to Apex on .591 until the dust settles and some more ROMs come out. Honestly didn't notice a whole lot of change between .591 and .596 anyways, in terms of performance (battery aside).

Do I have to SBF back to Froyo and then dick around with upgrading again (shoot me please), or can I simply flash back to .591 from Liberty v.06? Of course, data wipe and all that goes without saying if the answer is yes.

Advertisement

2. mruno

mruno Android Expert
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    Male
    Home
    yes you have to SBF and you cannot use the advanced data restore from recovery.

3. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2010
    Lifeguard / Lab Technician
    Michigan
    Fuuuuck. Okay, so, now that I know I have to dance around like an idiot and pray to the Moto gods in order to get where I wanna go, here's another question for somebody more knowledgeable than myself: Do we have to do all this backwards/forwards bullshit because of restrictions brought on by the locked bootloader? As in, if this was, say, an unlocked HTC phone, could you just jump from point A to point B without all of this hassle?