• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you help me on this?

I think their phones (accounts) only work in countries where they are intended for. I know that when they gave the U.S. a go, the content for here vs. India was much different and even the support would commonly tell people you can't use it outside of the region (with a LeEco account that is.)

TBH, when I did do some testing with them, I found their content lacking and the media recommendations laughable. There are better options out there.

Upvote 0
I see, thank you for your reply. To tell the truth I just wanted to check what would I gain with account.. I am actually not surprised that there are specific countries which supports LeEco.. Also I am not hoping much from this company. Because as I readğ and if thats the truth then this company has bankrupted nkf

Upvote 0
From what I understand, Le was founded by Jia Yueting akin to the Elon Musk or Richard Branson of China (or so he'd like to think.) The company was known as the "Netflix of China" and was primarily a media company. The phones, while pretty nice, were just the vehicle to the media and were sold cheaply.

I'm not saying he wasn't a visionary, nut for every Musk or Jobs there has to be a Tesla and an Edsel. He oversold the foreign market opportunity to his investors and then played a little too fast and loose with the books to hide the fact that he wasn't taking the world by storm. He dug himself a hole he couldn't get out of, sorry to say.

Jia's interests and companies are far-reaching and intertwined. While it's true the company is floundering, getting a straight answer from them is pretty hard to get, even for investors and subsidiaries.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to register anywhere now... LeEco is dead, long live LeEco!
...the only website that remains is the Chinese le.com streaming site.
Honestly, I made decision that I actually don't need to register to LeEco.. I think it's not worth. As my intention for this question basically was... Cloud storage for backup.. But I think there are lots of better alternatives

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones