1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can you hook up a keyboard, mouse, and monitor to the galaxy s?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bennylava, Aug 29, 2011.

1. bennylava

bennylava Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there is any way to turn a samsung galaxy s into a little PC? I would like to hook up some kind of mouse, a keyboard, and a monitor to my samsung galaxy s. I just think it would be cool. Can it be done?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast

As far as I know it's not possible on the SGS because it doesn't have USB on the go support. The SGS II has USB OTG so can do it, as well as some Nokia phones such as the N8.

Cheers.

Ray

3. bennylava

Cool thanks man. Yeah IIRC, I think I saw a little "laptop" type of thing that you plug a whole phone into. Kinda cool, but I'd rather have just a regular computer monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse for at home. Laptop thing might be cool for on the road though.

4. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

Using the phone as a pc is kind of a unique idea. I'm not sure why one would really want to do that, but I may just be unimaginative.

There is a way to manage the phone with through your pc, thereby taking advantage of the keyboard, mouse and monitor. MobilEdit is a cellphone management program that will allow you to manage your contacts, send texts, and so on far more easily than poking around the cellphone's screen based keyboard. I have found it works pretty well.

5. bennylava

6. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

Actually, I'm referring to a pc-based program called MobilEdit. It allows you to view the phone's contents on your pc's monitor and manage the phone via the pc's keyboard. You can create or edit contacts, send text messages, and move files/photos/videos to and from your phone. I find using a pc's keyboard far easier than pecking around the phone's screen.

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews