1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Can you mute Microphone Beep?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zylian, Jul 25, 2013.

1. zylian

zylian Newbie

When running any of the voice assistant programs or using the standard mic button on the Google search bar the mic turning on always makes a nasty loud "BEEP". I have had some volume apps in the past that show system volume (I assume the beep is from system sounds notifying the mic is on) however, the system sound level is always tied to the ringer level. And the beep is much louder than anything I set the ringer volume. I would like to be able to use my voice apps at night (with media sounds to minimal the actual programs speak back in a quiet volume level) without worrying about waking up the Mrs. upstairs or the neighbors down the road with BBEEEEEEPPP! It always scares the bejezzus out of me!

I would love to have any of the following options:
    1. Be able to mute (or significantly lower) the Mic-on Beep sound
    2. Adjust the system volume level separately from Ringer volume (but have heard that they are fundamentally fused at the same level in Android OS)
    3. find out where the Beep file is and delete it and then replace it with say the "Facebook Pop" or other less abusive sound and name the new file to replace the deleted beep.

Honestly, Option 3 would be my ideal, as I could also then edit the file with a volume adjuster in Windows and reduce it down to a modest couple of decibels. I can not think that I am the only one who has been cussing at this issue for a few years. Any android Pros out there come across a solution or suggestion that could help me reduce that dang Mic-on BEEP to a less startling noise? Anything you can offer up to try I would appreciate.

Advertisement