• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you recover deleted text messages?

I don't know the RAZR specifically, but unless it has some feature that other androids don't the answer will, unfortunately, be no.

There are many SMS backup apps in the Play Store, which back up to SD or to the cloud (e.g. your GMail account), some of which can be set to back up automatically. Won't help now, but might be worth looking at for the future.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
I don't know the RAZR specifically, but unless it has some feature that other androids don't the answer will, unfortunately, be no.

There are many SMS backup apps in the Play Store, which back up to SD or to the cloud (e.g. your GMail account), some of which can be set to back up automatically. Won't help now, but might be worth looking at for the future.

Thanks for the answer...it is not for me. I'm rooted on my nexus and backup everything. My sister has a Razr and wanted to know if she could recover a couple old sms messages. I told her no, but would ask and see if anyone knew.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones