1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can you remap the Home button?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidSPCS, Nov 18, 2009.

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    I downloaded and installed the Lock 2.0 free trial program. Upon install, when I clicked on the "Home" button on my Samsung Moment, a pop appeared with 3 choices:

Complete Action Using:
    1) Home (go to home)
    2) Lock icon (meaning to lock the phone) - also with a warning - do not use this as default - you had (sic) been warned.
    3) a checkbox to use either choice 1 or 2 as the default always.

This made me curious. First of all if I accidentally remapped the Home button the Lock app, how would I be able to remap it to the default "Home" action?

Looked in settings and do not see how I can remap Home button.

I don't like how a 3rd part app can intercept the Home button and yet I can't figure out how to undo the damage if I accidentally remapped the Home button to the 3rd party app.

Anyone here know if this is possible to restore the Home button if you mess up and a 3rd party app maps it by default?

Advertisement

2. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    When you're looking at the lock screen click Menu > Home Screen to revert back

3. AndroidSPCS

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Ok thanks. I don't like 3rd party apps messing with the hardware buttons. A malicious app could remap it and lock you out of it. There should be permission given by me explicitly to allow a 3rd party access, and not by accident either.

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    can you update your quote to fix "you're" please :)

just kidding

I agree though it did seem a bit sketchy that it locks you out, I'm not sure why the lock 2.0 even appears after clicking "home", it is not a home screen.

5. AndroidSPCS

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    LOL done, your grammar is good. :)

Agree on why it does that. I uninstalled it because I find that behavior unacceptable.