1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can you root Verizon Ellipsis 7 ..?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Android Question

I have no clue how to boot into recovery mode on my Ellipsis. I have the Note 2 rooted with TWRP installed and was hoping to do the same with my Ellipsis.

Is there a way to boot into recovery mode on the Ellipsis???

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by sdrawkcab25, Dec 3, 2013 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

according to reports, this will ROOT the tablet:
    Kingo Android Root, the most reliable free Android rooting tool

but i dont believe a custom recovery has been developed yet (TWRP or Clockwork recovery)

4. tucsontd

tucsontd Lurker

I can confirm that this does provide root. Works Great.

sdrawkcab25 likes this.
  5. dethomit

dethomit Lurker

I downloaded and installed Kingo root, but it is not recognizing the Ellipsis 7 tablet, it just keeps saying no device connected and yes I have activated USB Debugging mode.

6. Doc Ames

Doc Ames Lurker

It's probably because the manufacturer of the Ellipsis 7 didn't pay to have the drivers signed for Windows. You can use the F8 startup option to disable signed driver enforcement, but I would just use Framaroot. I can't post the link but just google it. The XDA link should be the first one that pops up. Just sideload the .apk and run it. Use the first exploit listed (can't remember if it's Boromir or Faramir) and the tab will automatically reboot with the su binary and SuperSu installed. I don't have an Ellipsis 7 but I rooted one for a buddy. For recovery maybe try "adb reboot recovery".

7. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member

Definitely appreciate you trying to assist as a new member, but always remember to look at the previous post dates. This was a thread from December that was dug up from the grave, reburied, and then dug up by you :p Here is a link to the forum for this device for proper support: http://androidforums.com/verizon-ellipsis/

8. Alt230

Alt230 Lurker

I visted framaroot web page and got hung there trying to d/l the latest apk. They require buying or downloading an offer. I downloaded 7zip but it still wouldn't let me have the file. I found an earlier version but I'm afraid to use it. Vroot and Kingaroot wouldn't find my connection. USB debugging was selected and so was unknown sources.

9. Lester Murphy

Lester Murphy Lurker

Framaroot 1.9.3 with the barahir exploit also roots the ellipsis 7.

10. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

I know it's a year since the last post, but the framaroot 1.9.3 does not list the barahir exploit. Only one listed and it does not work. Could it be the updates between then and now kills it?

11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It's very possible there's been updates in the year, and any documented rooting methods in this thread are no longer valid. Can't confirm that though because I don't have one of these. Think the Ellipsis is something that's been specially made for Verizon, no idea who the Chinese manufacturer actually is.

12. Andy _ W7ATR

Andy _ W7ATR Lurker

wont work on mine, get error#9 and cant get USB debugging to come up to turn on either