• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you root Verizon Ellipsis 7 ..?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have no clue how to boot into recovery mode on my Ellipsis. I have the Note 2 rooted with TWRP installed and was hoping to do the same with my Ellipsis.

Is there a way to boot into recovery mode on the Ellipsis???

Upvote 0
It's probably because the manufacturer of the Ellipsis 7 didn't pay to have the drivers signed for Windows. You can use the F8 startup option to disable signed driver enforcement, but I would just use Framaroot. I can't post the link but just google it. The XDA link should be the first one that pops up. Just sideload the .apk and run it. Use the first exploit listed (can't remember if it's Boromir or Faramir) and the tab will automatically reboot with the su binary and SuperSu installed. I don't have an Ellipsis 7 but I rooted one for a buddy. For recovery maybe try "adb reboot recovery".

Upvote 0
It's probably because the manufacturer of the Ellipsis 7 didn't pay to have the drivers signed for Windows. You can use the F8 startup option to disable signed driver enforcement, but I would just use Framaroot. I can't post the link but just google it. The XDA link should be the first one that pops up. Just sideload the .apk and run it. Use the first exploit listed (can't remember if it's Boromir or Faramir) and the tab will automatically reboot with the su binary and SuperSu installed. I don't have an Ellipsis 7 but I rooted one for a buddy. For recovery maybe try "adb reboot recovery".

Definitely appreciate you trying to assist as a new member, but always remember to look at the previous post dates. This was a thread from December that was dug up from the grave, reburied, and then dug up by you :p Here is a link to the forum for this device for proper support: http://androidforums.com/verizon-ellipsis/

Upvote 0
I visted framaroot web page and got hung there trying to d/l the latest apk. They require buying or downloading an offer. I downloaded 7zip but it still wouldn't let me have the file. I found an earlier version but I'm afraid to use it. Vroot and Kingaroot wouldn't find my connection. USB debugging was selected and so was unknown sources.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones