1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Can you set a ringer by call type?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mishon, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Mishon

Mishon Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I have not seen this question addressed yet, so sorry if i missed it. I want to know if you can set the Hero to ring a preset tone for certain call types. For example: calls with id but not in your contacts, and calls without id, each being assigned a separate ring.

Note: I have not purchased the phone yet, I am still debating this one and the Moment by Samsung

Thanks

Advertisement

2. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I'm not aware that you can do this feature.

On a side note:
    A lot of people have switched from the Moment to the Hero after the first week or two.

The lack of a physical keyboard is the only trade off and personally I used to think I couldn't live with out a physical keyboard. I have officially changed my mind.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    If I'm reading your question correctly, yes. But it's not a very straight forward process.

I have my hero set to do a different ring for private/unknown numbers. I have a different ringtone for contacts (work related has it's own tone, wife has her own tone...) and all other calls (i.e. not in my contacts) have a different and distinct ringtone.

4. kurpaige

kurpaige Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Male

Can i ask how did you get this set up?

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Next time you get a call from a Private or Unknown number, save it to you contact list and apply a specific ringtone to it.

Assign a ringtone to ALL of you contacts.

Make a default ringtone for all other calls (which will be everyone who is not on your contact list).

6. Mishon

Mishon Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Thanks, think I will be ordering the phone soon.

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    No problem. Any other questions?

8. Redgrrl

Redgrrl Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Are you saying if i have 300 contacts that i should go through each contact and individually assign a specific ringtone to them so that the default ringtone will be the unknown caller ringtone?

9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009

No, just save a Private or Unknown Caller to your contact list and assign them a ringtone (or send right to VM).

10. endaugust

endaugust Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Okay. that solves "private"/"unavailable"/"unklnown" issue, but what about random numbers that are not in your contacts, like a new solicitor?

How would I go about setting a ring tone for numbers that are not in my contacts? For example, any calls that come from numbers that are in my contacts would ring a certain way, and numbers that are not from my contacts ring differently?

Tags: