• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you stream video located on android phone to iPad?

RealtorDC

Lurker
Jan 11, 2014
I've been looking at some of these portable wifi storage devices bc I have a 16 gb ipad low on space and I like to watch movies at the gym. But I have plenty of space on my phone plus a microSD slot not being used. I was thinking my iPad and android have Wi-Fi so I don't see why my phone couldn't do the same thing? Can it?

Get the real-player cloud app on your phone and your ipad and you can stream video back and forth. Only problem is, they have to both be connected to the same wifi router to find each other.

I am using this to stream videos I take with my phone to my android tablet. The real reason I got it though, is it allows you to stream your videos to a Chromecast device. Also, if you install it on your PC you can use your phone or tablet to stream videos on your pc to the phone/tablet and then cast it to the TV from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones