• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you suggest a good but inexpensive headphone or headset?

taylormah

Jul 21, 2010
Galaxy S phones make a good music player and added 5.1 channel sound is a great plus. I am sure the included headphones sound good. but if I need to buy a separate headphones, can you recommend me a good sounding but inexpensive, below $20, earbuds type headphones, or even better if it has mic for phone calls.

Yeah I am looking for earbuds type. My friend recommended me Skullcandy Ink'd and Sennheiser CX 300. They both got good to average review on amazon. Does anyone here has any experience with them??

watch out for fakes for the cx300... too many of them floating around... try not to buy from ebay.. and i even got a fake pair from amazon also.. so careful...

Upvote 0
I am sure the included headphones sound good

No, they sound horrible. Here are some good alternatives.

$24.00(I'm thinking of buying these)
Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone (Black): Electronics

$17.45(make sure to view the other sellers to get the lower price)
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-Earbuds-Black/dp/B000E6G9RI/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_c

UPDATE:
I went ahead and ordered the sennheiser cx 500 earbuds from amazon with 2 day shipping so I'll have them Thursday or Friday. I have a pretty decent pair of sony headphones, i'll let you know how they compare. My sonys are a year old and still sound nice but I just wanted something black to match the phone and white gets dirty looking quick. Also I don't want people to automatically think i'm using an iphone.

Upvote 0
I just got my sennheiser cx 500 earbuds. They sound like crap. Now i understand what people say that the 'mids' can be missing from the sound. There is no warmth or fullness to the sound. Bass is good at least i guess. The cord noise is way worse than my sony earbuds.

When I first picked them up and found out how cheap feeling and light they were, I knew something bad was coming. They feel like they could cost $5. They sound like they should cost $10. I feel like I just paid for the fancy pouch, 20 earbud tips so they thought that would make up for the cheap headphones.

Maybe they need to be broken in?

Try the sony mdr-55. I have the white ones but I just want to get some headphones that are not only better but black to match my phone. I am thinking of getting one of these altec lansing earbuds, but the sony ones are the only things i can personally recommend.

I'm returning the sennheiser's and i'm considering getting these:

Amazon.com: Altec Lansing UHP606 Backbeat Pro Reference Earphones (Black/Gold): Electronics

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Koss KE29S get good reviews for a inexpensive set.
I have a pair I use for exercising and mowing the lawn and I like them well enough for that and they're cheap enough that if they break or wear out it's not a huge loss.
Koss also has a lifetime warranty but not sure it it's worth the shipping for such a cheap pair of earphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones