• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you suggest a good SMS app that has keyword based spam blocking

Plainman

Lurker
Oct 16, 2017
1. Dual sim support, so that it shows which sms came thru which sim.
2. Should allow to reply with whichever sim we like.
Both of the above are most basic and the android default message app itself has them.
3. Should have a word filter to reject emails or store them separately without pinging and disturbing me (multiple keywords based blocking will be super helpful). This the only thing im needing that's not in the default android sms app. This is all i want.

The first 2 are already in the basic sms app that comes with android marshmallow. Its only that i want the third feature (keyword filter/blocking) without sacrificing the first 2 basic most features.

For one year, tried installing more than 20 different types of sms apps. Of these 3 basics which i mentioned above it will be lacking one feature.Either they will have word blocking, but no dual sms identification (can't tell which sms came thru which sim). Or it can do dual sim recognition but it can't block keywords.
sad.png

I understand what you're asking but can you describe a little more about what your ultimate goal is? For example, are you just trying to not get alerted by actual spam texts? Are you trying to just not get alerted by certain contacts?

Just trying to determine if there's another way to go about accomplishing what you want. For example, just muting notifications for specific contacts, etc.

I really only use stock messaging so I don't have experience with any of the 3rd party sms apps. Whenever I get a spam text I just block that number. I could search around, but it sounds like you've already tried a lot of them. And without knowing what you've tried, it might be a waste of time trying to find one you haven't already used.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
1. Dual sim support, so that it shows which sms came thru which sim.
2. Should allow to reply with whichever sim we like.
Both of the above are most basic and the android default message app itself has them.
3. Should have a word filter to reject emails or store them separately without pinging and disturbing me (multiple keywords based blocking will be super helpful). This the only thing im needing that's not in the default android sms app. This is all i want.

The first 2 are already in the basic sms app that comes with android marshmallow. Its only that i want the third feature (keyword filter/blocking) without sacrificing the first 2 basic most features.

For one year, tried installing more than 20 different types of sms apps. Of these 3 basics which i mentioned above it will be lacking one feature.Either they will have word blocking, but no dual sms identification (can't tell which sms came thru which sim). Or it can do dual sim recognition but it can't block keywords.
sad.png

Try handsent

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones