1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can you text message (handwriting to text) on Note 10+

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LizzieH, Feb 17, 2020.

1. LizzieH

LizzieH Lurker

Hi all;

New here and have just ordered a new phone- the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I'm trying to familiarize myself with the phone before it arrives to save time and frustration. I'm a note taker and writer and hate texting. I cannot seem to find anywhere online if this device works on the messaging app. I see that with the s pen you can write documents, emails etc. but have not not found anything that says it works with text messaging. I even tried the Samsung chat and the guy online had no idea, so that was useless!! Can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by LizzieH, Feb 24, 2020 (3 points)
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator

From what I remember of my note 8, you can do so from the memo app. Other than, no. Unless, that is, they updated note 10 software. BTW, welcome to Android Forums, Lizzie!

tube517 likes this.
  4. marctronixx

the note series is a top of the line product and designed for power users who need pen writing features. the above videos should give you a head start on your question. there are many more videos and blog sites with even more info. i also encourage you to read up on the phones operating manual to get an overall idea of the device and its specific features that breaks it apart from the competition.

Give Gboard a try. its googles keyboard:

https://support.google.com/gboard/answer/9108773?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

you can handwrite using snotes, save that text then copy and paste it into your text messaging app.

Steven58 likes this.
  5. LizzieH

LizzieH Lurker

Hi everyone! For future reference for others, I received my new phone and indeed, the messaging app does convert handwriting to text. When you take out the pen, it leads you to the page containing the s pen functions. Simply go back to your messaging app, open a message as if you're about to start typing. Tap on the 3 dots and select the handwriting icon. Its as simple as that!

Phoenix1974 and marctronixx like this.
  6. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

I've been using a Note for several years now and one of the biggest reasons for that is that I have so much difficulty using the tiny keyboard to type out anything! So I have my keyboard app set to automatically open to the handwriting pane whenever I start to write. Now if I could get the feature to actually convert what I wrote instead of second guessing me all the time!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews