• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you upload to Flickr?

fiskadoro

May 24, 2010
Chicago, IL
This may seem like a dumb question, but I wondered if there was Flickr integration with the Droid X gallery, or whether you need a separate app to upload your photos to Flickr? There are already a bunch of these in the Market.

I ask because I remember reading/seeing somewhere that Flickr wasn't included as an option for syncing or uploading, just things like Photobucket, Picasa, etc.

The HTC Incredible I have now does upload to Flickr happily (even though it doesn't offer much flexibility), and it'd be no big deal if the Droid X doesn't do it without an extra app, but I thought I'd ask those who already have the phone just in case.

You can always email from you phone to Flickr.

Go to the Flickr website. Click your ID at the top left of page to go to your account. Click the Email and Notifications tab at the top. About 3/4 the way down it shows your Flickr upload email.

Subject line is the title
Body is the description

You can email many multimedia sites. I send photos to TwitPic all the time via email because I can send the full 5Mp. MMS has size restrictions. With Twitpic, the subject is the tweet that goes with the link to Twitter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones